As part of its expanding team, MDM
Médecins du Monde(MDM) is an
international medical Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that is implementing
a health program in Puncak Jaya regency,
Papua. MDM supports health staff and communities in improving the district
health situation by technical capacity building, training and education. MDM
focus on prevention of Sexual and Reproductive Health (including HIV/AIDS). Médecins du Monde supports vulnerable
population worldwide to reach an improved health status andits right to
health. MDM works on basis of impartiality and neutrality.
is currently looking for an experienced
DOCTOR(M/F) Working base: Mulia-Puncak Jaya (4weeks) and Jayapura (1 week). Frequent visits in Nabire (Paniai) and Sinak (Puncak. Minimum of 3visits/year) in order to support the main Mdm partner the local NGO Primari. Main Responsibilities:
* Develop and conduct workshop for health staff in Puskesmas about Sexual and Reproductive Health (including HIV/AIDS and VCT/PMTCT)
* Participate with the Puskesmas team and Kaders/Dukun Bayi to Posyandu (including HIV/AIDS awareness, mother and child health promotion) in 6 villages around Mulia,
* Participate with the DinKes mobile clinic team to outreach activities in Yamo and Mewoluk sub-districts about sexual and reproductive health awareness (including HIV/AIDS awareness, mother and child health promotion)
* Participate and encourage the health staff in Puskesmas in conducting health promotion sessions on Sexual and reproductive health
* Support actively the health staff of the VCT RSUD Mulia and Puskesmas Mulia (workshop, monitoring…)
* Conduct workshop and monitoring of Kaders and Dukun Bayi (involve the Puskesmas staff)
* Support the MDM partner (local NGO Primari) in terms of medical expertise.
* Reinforce the links between Kaders/Dukun Bayi and puskesmas staff and DinKes staff.
* Epidemiological data collection and continuous medical assessment of activities
* Provision of medical reports
* Supervision of the pharmacy and stock management
* Collaborate with the Community Health Referent and the Assistant Coordinator
* Represent the medical activities of MDM in meetings towards health authorities with the MDM coordinator and/or the MDM assistant coordinator. Profile:
· Medical Degree (Doctor) and proven training
in Community Health
· Experience in VCT / PMTCT,
· Experience in Staff Management / Training of
Trainer for health staff (puskesmas, kaders, Dukun Bayi)
· Experience in heath education
· Experience in mobile clinic/ outreach
· Former medical position in NGO working in
· Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English, both
oral and written.
· Ability to learn form different cultures and
people, more specific the Dani population in the highlands of Papua
· Diplomatic skills will be essential to deal
with health authorities.
· Proficiency with word, excel
· Ability to work in a challenging
geographical context and with a multi-ethnic team. Interested candidates can apply by sending their letter of interestand CV(4pages maximum – huge
document will be not studied):Amélie Courcaud,
Program Coordinator MDM; email@example.com
Kantor Médecins du Monde; Jl. Angkasa
Indah III/15 RT02; RW II Angkasapura –Jayapura. For further information
on the position the MDM administrator (Silvy Rio) can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0967 - 543933
Applications should be received not later than 7thof May2010. Only short listed candidates will be notified.