Applications have to send directly to address below:Operations Support Unit
Office of the FAO Representative in Indonesia 11th Floor Menara Thamrin Building
Jl. M. H. Thamrin Kav 3 Jakarta 10250
Email address: FAO-ID@fao.org NATIONAL TECHNICAL
ADVISOR (COMMERCIAL POULTRY HEALTH) (FAO-HPAI/NTA-CPH/19/ 04-87) Location : Yogyakarta, INDONESIA
Application Deadline :05-May-10 Type of Contract :Other
Languages Required :English
Duration of Initial Contract :3 months with possibility of
extension Background THIS IS FAO POST, PLEASE SEND DIRECTLY APPLICATION IN LINE
WITH APPLICATION PROCEDURE AS OUTLINED BELOW I. Organizational Context Food and Agriculture Organization
(FAO) is a United Nation agency which provides technical assistance in Indonesia. One
of our projects since 2006 provides support for the control of Avian Influenza,
in cooperation with national and regional Indonesian government livestock
authorities. Project activities are conducted in various locations nationwide.
The National Technical Advisor
(Commercial Poultry Health) shall operate under the overall guidance and
responsibility of the FAO Chief Veterinary Officer, the general technical
supervision of the Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD)
Regional Manager based in the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (RAP), and the operational supervision of the Chief, TCES. The
incumbent will be under the functional and administrative guidance of the FAO
Representative, overall supervision of the Team Leader of the FAO ECTAD Country
Programme in Indonesia,
and the direct supervision of International Technical Advisor (Commercial
Poultry Health). Duties and Responsibilities
II. Functions/Key Results Expected The National poultry Technical
advisor will be responsible to carry out biosecurity, vaccination and
production assessments, as well as help identify critical issues that relate to
productivity, on selected commercial layer farms in the Solo area of Central Java.
Under the guidance of the
supervisor, the incumbent will; 1. Meet on a weekly basis with supervisor to discuss the following:
2. critical biosecurity, vaccination and health issues for commercial poultry farms. This will include feedback on biosecurity, vaccination, commercial layer health, disease challenges and operational challenges.
3. discuss production data, compare production to standards.
4. discuss action plans, responsibility allocation and due dates.
5. discuss monitoring data and trends using an information management system
6. At depletion of a flock, hold a meeting with the farmer to discuss the following:
7. “back to basics” approach
8. refocus on health, vaccination, and biosecurity plans
9. hold re-training sessions as necessary
10. Performs other related duties as required. III. Impact of Results The key results have an impact on the success of FAO/ GOI Avian Influenza
Control Programme implementation in Indonesia.
IV. Competencies 1. Demonstrates commitment to FAO vision, mission and values;
2. Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
3. Contributes effectively to team work and team outcomes;
4. Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
5. Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
6. Ability to manage conflicting priorities and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines;
7. Ability to work without direct supervision;
8. Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and public relation skills; Required Skills and Experience V. Qualifications Education: * Veterinary graduate from a recognized Indonesian university in good standing with the Indonesian Veterinary Medical Association. Experiences: * Previous experience working with commercial layer farmers and with PDSR engagement techniques will be an advantage ( Minimum of 3 year experiences) A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is necessary. Language requirement:
* The incumbent will be proficient in English both written and spoken,